Taylor Pork Roll or Taylor Ham is a type of breakfast meat commonly available in and around New Jersey and select areas of Philadelphia.
The Taylor Provisions Company was founded in 1939. The Company’s line of business includes the manufacturing of sausages, cured meats, smoked meats, canned meats, and other meat specialties. Taylor Provisions is a leading producer of pork roll, based in Trenton, New Jersey. Its founder, John Taylor, is credited as the inventor, originally calling it “Taylor’s Prepared Ham”.
While there are many different types of pork roll type products in the marketplace from different companies like Hatfield, Case, Trenton, Leidy’s, Loeffler’s Gourmet and a few others…Taylor Pork Roll is widely considered to be the very best available.
Taylor Pork Roll Recipe:
Here is a simple recipe to prepare a delicious Taylor Ham breakfast dish that will satisfy your cravings:
- 1 package of Taylor Pork Roll
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the Pork Roll into ¼ inch thick round slices.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and cook the Taylor Pork Roll slices until lightly browned on both sides.
- Remove the cooked Pork Roll slices from the pan and set them aside.
- In the same pan, crack the eggs and cook them to your desired doneness.
- While the eggs are cooking, lightly toast the bread slices.
- Once the bread is toasted, assemble the sandwich by placing the cooked Pork Roll slices on one slice of bread.
- Place the cooked eggs on top of the pork roll and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the sandwich with the remaining bread slice.
- Serve your delicious Pork Roll sandwich warm and enjoy!
What is Taylor Ham?
Taylor Ham is a popular breakfast item that originated in New Jersey—the Garden State of America. This renowned pork product has a dedicated fan base due to its unique flavor and versatility. It is often served in sandwiches, breakfast platters, and even used as an ingredient in various recipes. If you’re a fan of bacon or Canadian bacon, Taylor Ham will surely win over your taste buds.
Taylor Pork Roll continues to captivate breakfast lovers across the nation. Try 8 packages of the Taylor Pork Ham and spice up your breakfast along with a serving of Habbersett Scrapple!