Try a 4 pack of this top rated Olancho Rico Queso Seco today!
What is Olancho Rico Queso Seco?
Rico Queso Seco is a dry and crumbly cheese that hails from the Olancho region of Honduras. It is made from cow’s milk and is often enjoyed as a snack or used in a variety of traditional dishes.
What sets Rico Queso Seco apart?
The unique characteristic of Olancho Rico Queso Seco lies in its texture. Unlike other cheeses, it has a dry and crumbly consistency, making it perfect for grating over dishes or enjoying on its own.
To create a batch of Rico Queso Seco, gather the following ingredients:
- 1 gallon of cow’s milk
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Heat the cow’s milk in a large pot over medium heat until it reaches a temperature of 175-185°F.
- Slowly add the white vinegar or lemon juice to the milk while stirring gently.
- Continue stirring until the milk begins to curdle and separate into solid curds and liquid whey.
- Once the curds have formed, remove the pot from heat and allow it to sit undisturbed for 5 minutes.
- Line a colander with cheesecloth and carefully pour the mixture into it, allowing the whey to strain out.
- Sprinkle salt over the curds and gently mix to incorporate.
- Gather the corners of the cheesecloth and tie them together, creating a small bundle.
- Hang the bundle in a cool, well-ventilated area for 24-48 hours, or until the cheese has reached the desired texture.
- Once the cheese has dried, remove it from the cheesecloth and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
If you’re looking to spice up your meals and embark on a culinary adventure, Olancho Rico Queso Seco is a must-try cheese.