A 4 pack of these great smoked Cajun style Hot Jalapeno boudain or boudin Sausages from DJ’s!!
If you appreciate a bit of a kick, a touch of heat, and a hint of spice, you have landed on the perfect page. Feel free to explore our assortment of boudin, all tastefully infused with the flavor of Jalapeno. Indulge in our original jalapeno variety or savor the smokiness of our smoked jalapeno option. Whether it’s breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even a snack or side dish, both options are guaranteed to satisfy your cravings. To balance out the heat, we suggest complementing your boudin with a dipping sauce such as BBQ or mustard. And let’s not forget, keep a refreshing icy beverage within reach, just in case. This is undeniably a favorite of ours, and we hope it soon becomes a favorite of yours as well.
Are you ready to embark on a culinary adventure? Here’s a simple yet tantalizing recipe similar to DJ’s Jalapeno Boudain that will have you savoring every bite.
- 1 pound of ground pork
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 jalapenos, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (adjust according to your spice tolerance)
- 1/4 teaspoon of thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon of oregano
- Hog casings (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground pork, cooked rice, chopped onions, bell peppers, jalapenos, and minced garlic. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Add the salt, black pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, thyme, and oregano to the mixture. Mix thoroughly to ensure that the spices are incorporated evenly.
- If you prefer a traditional sausage shape, soak hog casings in water according to the package instructions. Rinse the casings thoroughly, removing any excess salt or debris.
- Stuff the sausage mixture into the casings, using a sausage stuffer or a piping bag fitted with a large round tip. Twist the sausage into links about 4-6 inches in length.
- If you prefer a patty shape, form the mixture into small patties using your hands.
- Cook the Jalapeno Boudain according to your preference. You can grill, bake, or pan-fry the sausage until it is fully cooked and reaches an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Serve the Jalapeno Boudin hot and enjoy the explosion of flavors!
DJ’s Jalapeno Boudain is a true gem in the world of spicy sausages. Its bold flavors, expert preparation, and tantalizing blend of ingredients make it a must-try for any food enthusiast. Whether you enjoy it on its own or incorporate it into a mouthwatering recipe, DJ’s Jalapeno Boudin sausage is sure to leave a lasting impression. So, why wait? Treat your taste buds to the fiery goodness of DJ’s Jalapeno Boudain today!