Stiglmeier Debreziner Smoked Sausage for all your grilling needs. Try a 4 pack of these top rate Debreziner Smoked Sausage from Illinois! Debreziner is a mild, smoked pork sausage seasoned with paprika. The sausage comes fully cooked in a natural casing. Serve with spicy mustard and potato salad for lunch.
Ingredients: Pork, Water, Salt, Paprika, Sugar, Dextrose, Spice, Garlic, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite, in Sheep Casing
When it comes to sausages, the Stiglmeier Debreziner Smoked Sausage stands out as a true culinary delight. This unique and delicious sausage has gained popularity among meat lovers due to its exceptional flavor and high-quality ingredients.
If you’ve ever wondered how to prepare this delectable sausage at home, you’re in luck! A Debreziner Smoked Sausage recipe is simple and can be easily followed by any cooking enthusiast. Here’s a step-by-step guide to crafting this culinary masterpiece:
- 2 pounds of high-quality pork shoulder
- 1/4 cup of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon of caraway seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon of marjoram
- 1/2 tablespoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup of ice-cold water
- Cut the pork shoulder into small chunks and grind them using a meat grinder.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground pork with paprika, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, caraway seeds, marjoram, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly until well combined.
- Slowly add the ice-cold water while continuing to mix the sausage mixture.
- Cover the bowl and let the mixture rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Stuffing and Smoking:
- Attach the sausage stuffing tube to a sausage stuffer or use a sausage casing.
- Fill the sausage stuffer with the prepared sausage mixture.
- Carefully stuff the mixture into a sausage casing, ensuring an even and firm fill.
- Twist the sausages into individual links and tie off the ends.
- Place the sausages on a smoker rack and smoke at a temperature of 225°F for approximately 2-3 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Once the sausages are smoked and cooked, remove them from the smoker and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Serve the Stiglmeier Debreziner Smoked Sausage hot off the grill or smoker.
- Pair it with sauerkraut, mustard, and a freshly baked bun for the ultimate flavor experience.
The Stiglmeier Debreziner Smoked Sausage is a traditional German sausage that captivates the taste buds with its robust flavor profile. Made with premium cuts of pork and seasoned with a blend of paprika, garlic, and other aromatic spices, this smoked sausage offers a savory experience like no other. Its authentic German recipe combined with the meticulous craftsmanship of Stiglmeier ensures a product of exceptional quality that will satisfy even the most discerning palates.